The details from the hospice's site are below - now if you could all start a little sun-dance, that would be great as the forecast is pretty bleak thus far....... :-(
What's on at this year's Summer FairThis year’s Fair in the St Luke’s grounds on Saturday 11 June from 1 to 4pm will include a whole range of new attractions, including a Food Court with a range of international cuisine and a Hog Roast.
And making a welcome return for the second year will be the Kelham Island Brewery beer tent.
- The grounds will be packed with more than 20 stalls including bric-a-brac, cakes, toiletries, plants and the always popular secondhand book selection.
- There will be special attractions, rides and games for younger members of the family and music from live performers throughout the afternoon.
- Admission is just £1, and free entry for children.
- There’s no parking at the hospice on Summer Fair day but there is an official park and ride scheme operated by bus company First and Tesco, with regular free buses running to and from the Tesco Abbeydale Road car park throughout the afternoon from 12 noon onwards.
- “Last year’s Fair raised more than £12,000 and attracted a record number of visitors,” said Events Fundraising Manager Anna Sheppard,
- “As we celebrate our 40th anniversary we aim to shatter that record and give all our guests an afternoon to remember.”
If you're local to Sheffield and can make it, do pop by and say hello I (Tara) will be manning the stall from 1 til 4pm and hope that all your generous donations so far will start to raise a good chunk of cash for the hospice. I'll pop back after the fair to start our "totalizer" on the blog so you can see how much your efforts are raising.
The "come fly with me challenge" for June has 3 weeks left to run, so plenty of time to enter a card - there is a prize this month too. I'll be back next week with some more flying inspiration :-)
Thanks and best wishes
Tara (aka Craftilicious)